Our summer series of invited lectures on the theme “Spirituality on the Edge” takes place on alternate Thursday evenings at 7:30pm in the Lower Mews.
- 16th May: Rev Canon Rachel Mann - Christianity on the Edge. Rachel is a transgender priest, poet, writer and broadcaster. Her most recent book is shortlisted for the Michael Ramsey Theology Prize.
- 30th May: Jonathan Stead - Spirituality in a Time of Crisis, reflecting on living under apartheid and through its collapse.
- 13th June: Fiona Gardner - On the Edge of Insight. Fiona is a psychoanalytic psychotherapist, spiritual director and writer, who will bring spiritual and psychological insight to the American contemplative and writer Thomas Merton.
- 27th June: Revd Maria Shepherd - Building Bridges: a Story of Emerging Understanding Between Christians and Pagans. The Rector of Avebury explores the challenges and possibilities presented by working in a community with strong links to a spirituality older than Christianity.
- 11th July: Nicky Gladstone, ordinand and project leader at Carecent, York, reflects on her work with those who may feel themselves on the edge of society.