At Christ Church we are committed to the safety of all people who come into contact with the church and take safeguarding seriously. All of our Clergy, staff and volunteers who are in contact with children, young people or vulnerable adults have undergone DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checks.
Further information on the national and diocesan safeguarding policies, to which we also adhere, can be found here:
We are committed to:
- The care, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry of, all children, young people and adults
- The safeguarding and protection of all children and adults
- The establishment of a safe, caring community which provides an environment where there is a culture of informed vigilance regarding the dangers of abuse,
and where victims of abuse can report or disclose abuse and find support
- The promotion of best practice that contributes to the prevention of abuse
In all principles we will follow legislation, guidance and recognised good practice.
If you have any concerns about the possible abuse of a child, young person or vulnerable adult, please contact:
|Christ Church's Safeguarding Officer - Virginia Knight||Tel: 07896 916840
|Churchwarden - Jane Nicholson||Tel: 07990 552413 Email:
|Churchwarden - Jonathan Stead||Email:
|Our Priest-in-Charge - Lore Chumbley||Tel: 07595 294146 Email:
|The Diocesan Safeguarding Team||Tel: 01749 588917 (office hours, Mon-Fri)
0303 003 1111 (other times)
Online reporting form
You can also contact one of the following organisations who can provide support for those suffering abuse:
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm).